Chase Custom Homes & Finance has been building homes and communities throughout Maine since 1986. We have a proven track record of success and have built a tenured team of dedicated employees. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits including medical, dental, a 401(k) plan, life insurance, continuing education, employee discounts and more. Plus you'll get to work with a fun team that feels more like family.
Current Job Openings
Chase Custom Home has been known for building beautiful homes for the last 35 years. Now, we are opening Chase Commercial Services LLC and are looking for a full time Commercial Estimator. A minimum of 5 years' experience is required, bidding and road estimating abilities are a plus. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
• Understand the project/program and its requirements
• Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
• Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouses or other venues
• Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times
• Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
• Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
• Perform risk analysis
• Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project
managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
• Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers
• Provide consultation on planning (schedules, manpower needs etc.)
• Proven experience as estimator or similar position (at least 5 years'
• Familiarity with financial and project management principles
• In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation
• Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
• Proficient in relevant software (Timberline, HCSS HeavyBid)
• Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
• Thoroughness and reliability
• Excellent organizational skills
• BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant discipline (preferred)
• Experience in hard bidding projects (large and small)
• Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset
• Highly skilled in Project Management
This is a Full-Time position with Full Benefits. Pay discussed upon confidential interview.
Email resume to email@example.com